Thursday, December 17, 2009

so im pretty much tough as...


So whenever I tell people I was assisting on shoots and things, I think some people think its all glitz and glamour... Its about 5% glitz and glamour... 95% hardwork. And I love it. I think I learn more every time assist than can possibly be taught in a classroom.
I also find, especially when I'm assisting guys, that they feel I can't lift/do as much as a guy would be able to. Now, for those of you who don't know me, I grew up helping Dad out on the farm, I had two brothers, and I'm not the smallest person.. so I can definately hold my own, and occasionally put some of the boys to shame. These insinuations, however do wonders for my competitive streak where I must, at all times prove them wrong. So after a day of assisting on tuesday I ended up leaving with this sweet as bruise (I look really hardcore) and some epic sunburn. Not a makeup artist in sight!
All in a days work :)
Oh, and look out for Simon Schluter's story on Melbourne's pools in the M magazine liftout of The Age!
Adios.

1 comment:

RoLuc said...

You tough nut! I'm scared. I'll never pick on you in the school yard again!